Saturday, June 1, 2013

FREEEEDOMMMMMMMMmmmmmm....

So Friday marked the last day of my semester and while for the last 4 years this is always cause for celebration, (at least until 2 months later when the next semester starts) this is an extra special one. After feeling extremely burned out for the last few months, and knowing I have about a year and a half left of school, I've decided to take a few months off before starting my next semester. So today marks my first day off until JANUARY.
I keep stumbling over my own feet racing to my bed for sleep! (Well, not quite, but that would happen if I tried to run to bed.) Instead, I've been cleaning my house, as it's been super neglected the last few weeks. I was careful to take many breaks (I know you were all concerned at me overworking) so I also happened to finish the new Dan Brown book (quite excellent - pick it up).
I'm pretty excited at the prospect of all that I now have time to do! Oh, the writing that will get written! Oh, the books that will get read! Oh, the baking that will get...baked!
On that note, I'm going to continue the book I didn't finish before I started my last semester: The Hickory Staff. Amazingly enough, I remember it well enough to continue where I left off! (That is truly remarkable, for me).
On another note, I have a friend that revealed to me how "addicted" she
is to the Harry Potter films but has NEVER - brace yourselves - NEVER READ THE BOOKS. I nearly had an aneurysm, as this woman is not illiterate, she enjoys reading! But anyways, I'll stop my snobby book rant. You know who you are! I'm coming for you! (And I'll bring my copy of the first HP book, and you'll read it! And you'll love it!) So now that I've publicly outed you, I'm off to bathe my kids:)

No comments:

Post a Comment