Thursday, September 19, 2013

Well, hi!

Man, it`s been almost 2 months since I last blogged! Pitiful!
Some huge changes in mine and the kids' lives the last few months, hence my online absence. Needless to say, I'm back and will do my best to stay regular! (That's soooo important;-P)

I'll catch you up with the books I've been reading!
When I last posted, I was reading "Goose Girl" by Shannon Hale. I banged up my dear friend's copy, which is always a good sign that a book was enjoyed! And it was! But I know this particular friend takes extreme care of her books, so I ordered her a shiny new one. I'm keeping her copy, which I have lovingly broken the spine of, and roughed up with affection. I look forward to reading other books by Hale. (I was recommended her YA novel titled "The Book of a Thousand Days" and was able to pick it up at the local Library Book Sale for $1.00!) Looking forward to it!

I finally tackled "Cinder" by Marissa Meyer and it was fantastic! Loved it! Such a great spin on the classic tale, and I ordered the next installment, "Scarlet," the day I finished it! It is sitting in my TBR pile, haunting me...




In keeping with the unconscious theme I was apparently on, I quickly picked up a
book recommended by the delightful 'Once Upon a Blog'. The premise fascinated me: A version of Snow White where the evil stepmother is Rapunzel. I'm about halfway through it, ad so far it is fantastic! I'm really enjoying Turgeon's style and this new twist on 2 classic tales!



On a personal note, the kids are both back in school, with Evan in second grade and Ella beginning kindergarten this year! Crazy, right?! I'm working several part-time jobs, and planning to resume my next semester of school in January. Which leaves me November for the first time in a couple years to actually be able to participate in NaNoWriMo!! Hooray!

Chat soon!
<3Kel

1 comment:

  1. It's so fun to find authors who want to keep the Fairy Tale tradition alive! Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete