Monday, April 7, 2014

Spring Break

So, the 2-week spring break was nice time off for my kids, but it was just more guilt for me, as it meant more opportunities for my kids to beg me to stay home with them:(


We did have a couple days together on my days off and we visited Hell-I mean, Chuck-E-Cheese. It was okay because it was with good friends, but man, I hate that place. *sigh* What we do for our children.


We were also able to see the LEGO movie (again) which was fun for the kids, but most exciting for the hubby who I'm pretty sure will be camped out at Walmart the night before the DVD is released.

In a Benny costume.
Clutching his money and shouting, "Spaceship! SPACESHIP!"

We concluded out spring break with jumping on the bandwagon and buying our kids a friggin' Rainbow Loom. I can't believe it. Working at Michaels, I see first-hand the psychotic, obsessive spell these stupid things cast over kids and by extension, their parents. I don't dispute the creativity involved in some of the creations a person can make, and I know my kids just want to feel included, but I hate conforming. Ugh.

Anyhow, enjoy the sun,
Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment